Software & data Architect - Network Big Data & AI
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Big Data and AI are one of the fastest growing business and technology disciplines. Specifically in Telecom, there are great opportunities to utilize vast amounts of data to enable enhanced services and to evolve network planning, engineering and operation using Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Bell's Network Big Data & AI team is focused on utilizing Big Data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies to enable Bell's AI powered networks.
This is a rare opportunity for seasoned software architect to join our fast growing team of data architects and scientists to design and develop data solutions to support the entire Bell Network community and shape the future of Bell's AI powered networks.
In particular, we are looking for someone who can apply software development and architecture best practices to our bleeding edge data and Machine learning environment. This spans technology and software development processes.
As a member of the Network Big Data & AI team, you will play a leading role in proactively analyzing, designing, engineering Network Big Data and AI/ML solutions to address the business needs of various network teams.
- Ensure proper usage of state of the art big data technologies to meet business goals in line with internal architectural guideline
- Create and maintain end-to-end roadmap taking into account business needs, technology evolution, Network Big Data strategy, networks evolution and corporate security team's requirements
- Identify and evaluate future technologies that may have a significant impact on the environment or technology by improving performance and efficiency, decreasing costs, or enabling new revenue sources.
- Apply expertise and leadership in software development and data engineering, work closely with solution providers, product management, enterprise architects, data engineers and data scientists.
- Liaison with the NBD Infrastructure and Analytic teams to ensure alignment, effective planning and hand-over. Provide technical support, input and direction as required
- End to end thinking to proactively consider customer experience and operational support in their designs/architecture
- Ability to bring together cross-functional teams across Network, Information Technology and others to collaborate, design and deliver Use Cases/Solutions that create business value for Bell
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years software architecture experience preferably in a data environment
- Knowledge and expertise in designing data platforms and solutions
- Experience securing Big Data / Hadoop environments
- Experience developing solutions using Java/Scala, Python
- Familiarity working with web services, REST and APIs including SOAP/XML protocol and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and practice of consolidation, virtualization and High Availability solutions
- Highly analytical skills and ability to work with large and complex technical data sets
- Ability to work within an agile setting
- Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different requirements with a variety of projects and short timelines
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels.
- Good business acumen to ensure technical solutions are created with business focus
- Very good analytical capabilities as well as organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are necessary (written, verbal and presentation skills).
- Working knowledge of DevOps SDLC using CICD
- Knowledge and expertise with development frameworks such as Spring
- Familiarity with software testing frameworks
Preferred / Ideal Qualifications and Skills
- Deep experience in software development ideally in data environment.
- Experience working in the Telecommunications or Media industries is an asset.
- Played a leading role in the delivery of multiple end-to-end projects.
- Is easily acquainted to new technologies
- Telecom Operations and Engineering knowledge (wireless, wireline and TV/Media networks)
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Programming/Software Development experience.
- Knowledge of ML technologies and techniques.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Dorval || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 11/18/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.