Bilingual Trust Officer
New Brunswick Legal Aid
Bilingual Trust Officer
Permanent Full Time, Fredericton
The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission is seeking an individual for a bilingual Trust Officer position for its Fredericton (Beaverbrook) office. The Public Trustee Services protect the financial and personal interests of adults who need support due to a mental or physical incapacity, administer the estates of deceased and missing persons, protect the financial interests of children, and the legal interests of incompetent persons. The Trust Officer's role is the day-to-day management and administration of the financial affairs of these clients.
In the role of Trust Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing clients' assets, liabilities, income and expenses;
- Securing, protecting, and liquidating client assets;
- Preparing annual income tax and trust returns on behalf of clients;
- Working with the Guardianship and Legal teams to facilitate client service;
- Working with third party service providers, provincial and federal government agencies, community partners, clients and client family members, to facilitate client service;
- Conducting annual financial reviews of client finances to ensure financial obligations can be met;
- Assisting with preparation of financial schedules.
- Pay Band 3: University Degree in Business Administration or a related field and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a financial position; or a Diploma from a two (2) year post-secondary program in a related discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in a financial position.
- Pay Band 4: University Degree in Business Administration or in a related field and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a financial position.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Asset Qualifications :
- Experience with financial matters; personal income tax preparation, estates/trusts, financial analysis, financial planning, etc.;
- High proficiency in office technology and MS Office Suite.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered at this level.
- Analytical Thinking/Judgement;
- Information Seeking;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Client Service Orientation;
- Relationship/Network building;
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skill level and experience:
NBLASC PAY BAND 3 - 4: $1,512 - $2,656 biweekly
Candidates interested must respond by October 27, 2020.
Send your resume to:
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
Att: Human Resources
BILINGUAL TRUST OFFICER COMPETITION
500 Beaverbrook Court Suite 501
Fredericton, NB E3B 5X4
Or by email: HR-NBLASC.RH-CSAJNB@GNB.CA
*State "BILINGUAL TRUST OFFICER COMPETITION" in your email
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, applicants are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.