Business Analyst (Future Opportunity)
Mariner Partners in Halifax, NS
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT, Software Professionals and Management Consultants working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security, change management and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for Business Analysts for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities for our clients in Nova Scotia. The Business Analyst will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Documentation of current and future state process mapping
- Gather and document functional/non-functional Business Requirements
- Collaborate in the development of test plans and test cases
- Prepare integration plans for deployment of system changes into existing environments
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes
- Change and support process management for new technology delivery
- Facilitate stakeholder sessions, interviews, and analysis to identify areas for process and systems improvement
- Communicate key insights and findings to client team
- Business analysis experience in the Public Sector
- 5+ years of progressive corporate experience functioning as an IT Business Analyst/Functional Analyst
- Demonstrated success with business requirements analysis, group facilitation, gap analysis and process mapping and design as part of a business transformation
- Experience in working in a formal systems development lifecycle methodology environment involving such artifacts as functional and detail design documents, business use cases, and requirements traceability
- Demonstrated skill in building consensus among stakeholders
- Experience with systems development and/or implementation projects
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in working with business at all levels including technical SMEs
- Experience working in client-based consulting role is highly desirable
- Post-secondary education in business, computer science, or a related field
- CBAP and/or Prosci certifications considered an asset
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation, benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT Business Analyst professionals who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!