Disability Management Specialists
DISABILITY MANAGEMENT SPECIALISTS
(PAY BAND 4)
FINANCE & TREASURY BOARD
If you have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, are results-oriented, and have an interest in workplace wellness, we want to hear from you!
Finance and Treasury Board is seeking two (2) highly motivated professionals to join our team as Disability Management Specialists. One of the opportunities is permanent full-time and one is temporary full-time.
What we do:
Finance and Treasury Board is responsible for the strategic, policy and program framework with regards to talent attraction, recruitment and retention for the New Brunswick Public Service; employee relations, compensation and benefits, leadership and employee development; and workplace health, safety and wellness. Improving the health, safety and wellness in GNB's workplaces is one of our strategic priorities in building a high-performing organization.
What you will do:
As a disability management specialist, you will be responsible to manage disability and other workplace accommodation files. You will develop and implement sound disability management strategies with a focus on early and safe returns to work for GNB employees with disabilities, illnesses or other accommodation needs. You will be responsible to coordinate, implement and monitor return to work programs for employees; develop positive working relationships with people leaders, unions and stakeholders; maintain concise records, prepare reports, and identify trends; and monitor and assess job vacancies for accommodation opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience OR a post-secondary diploma and a minimum of six (6) years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please ensure that preferred language for your assessment is identified on your resume.
- You must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Professional Certification in Disability Management
- Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
- Operational Requirement: You will be required to travel within the Province of New Brunswick.
- As an ideal candidate for this position, it will be important that you possess the following behavioral and technical competencies:
- Behavioural Competencies: Analytical Thinking, Initiative, Client Service Orientation, Relationship and Network Building, Results Orientation, and Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Technical Competencies: Proven knowledge of disability case management practices and related legislation.
- Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Salary: $49,374 to $69,056 per annum
Applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca before October 21, 2020 indicating competition number: 20-FTB-27.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 440-3544
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be granted preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!