Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1061
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
As one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Eastlink takes great pride in delivering advanced technologies/services that connect its customers to the things and people that matter most. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and mobile networks, we bring world-class communications and video entertainment services including high speed internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink operates with an employee base of over 1300 people who serve customers in NS, PEI, NL, NB, ON, AB, BC and Bermuda.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Technical Producer will be responsible for ensuring all production equipment and facilities are in proper working condition for high quality television productions. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of television signals and possess a passion for technology.
- Assure the proper operation of assigned production facilities and resources.
- Responsible for full set-up and tear-out of mobile productions, which includes coordination of crew during this process.
- Maintain production facilities and equipment.
- Contribute to new equipment evaluation.
- Ensure compliance, and take leading role, in Health and Safety Standards.
- Perform production duties as assigned.
- Provide maintenance support for Master Control facility.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a related field.
- Post-secondary diploma in television broadcasting an asset.
- Valid driver's license, with excellent driving and workplace safety record.
- Experience with technical support for Avid systems an asset.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with video servers an asset.
- Flexibility with hours.
- Reliable transportation.
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team "on the ground" not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.
- Job Family Eastlink Community TV
- Pay Type Salary