Overnight Freight Team Associate Full-Time
It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it's an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at the Home Depot, the world's largest home improvement retailer, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers. Discover how you can help others achieve their home improvement dreams. Apply to work at The Home Depot today.
This is an overnight role, which requires availability between 10pm-7am.
Overnight Freight Team Associates are responsible for stocking products/merchandise and organizing the sales floor to create a pleasant and safe shopping environment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Verifying inventory, reading reports utilizing computer terminals and Home Depot portable phones
- Stocking merchandise onto shelves to achieve 100% in stock
- Maintaining aisle cleanliness
- Obtaining pick lists and gathering merchandise throughout the store to fill customer orders
- Communicating with other overnight team members to ensure all products are stocked accurately
- Moving freight safely from designated staging areas to overheads using the appropriate equipment as necessary
- Ability to work evenings and overnights
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Lift equipment experience would be an asset (Forklift, Reach-truck, Order-picker, etc.)
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- Detailed-oriented, and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated to drive completion of tasks as quickly and accurately as possible
- Computer skills considered an asset but not required (training provided)
- Candidates should be comfortable lifting merchandise to help the store achieve 100% in stock
What sets us apart:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Growth and Career Advancement - including Tuition Reimbursement
- Profit Sharing and Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Training & Career Development opportunities
- 10% shift premium (Overnight roles)
- The Home Depot Core Values - Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. If helping people comes to you as naturally as smiling, then our customer-facing career opportunities may be a perfect fit you. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.