Java Technical Lead - Bilingual (English & French)
Mariner Partners in Fredericton, NB
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
We are looking for an experienced Java Technical Lead for an agile development team specializing in the development of OPEN APIs. The candidate will be responsible for providing solutions and guidance, will facilitate requirement analysis, conduct peer reviews and provide meaningful feedback and be comfortable working in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment where collaboration is crucial.
Ideal candidate must be creative, willing to learn on his own, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in Java technologies. work well in a Agile team environment; excellent communication and teamwork skills.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Will lead team of developers
- Performing requirement analyses.
- Write technical specs based on conceptual design and the vision of the customer
- Developing high quality and detailed designs.
- Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality.
- Conducting unit testing using automated unit test frameworks.
- Identifying risk and conducting mitigation action planning.
- Reviewing the work of other developers and providing feedback.
- Familiarity with Agile (e.g., Scrum Process).
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Consult with end-user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- The candidate must have the ability to work under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Will lead team of developers
- Degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related.
- Must have experience leading a team of developers
- Excellent knowledge of Java technologies.
- Deep technical hands-on experience developing in REST/JSON or SOAP/XML,
- Experience as a developer of Red Hat Open Shift Container platform or Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Test Driven Development, including writing and implementing automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Good understanding of unit testing methodologies.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (English and French)
- Excellent writing skills (English and French)
- Agile experience.
- Telecommunication background (Access Network in particular)
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!