Human Services Counselor (3013)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application .
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie Bathurst
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Centre - Bathurst
DEPARTMENT: Child- Youth Programs
CLASSIFICATION: Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK
8 hour day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the human services counselor offers support, coaching and/or teaching of skills to clients referred by the clinician to promote their recovery.The successful applicant works with the clinician, the client, significant others and other services involved in general, work takes place in the client's living environment and may include his/her community network.
- High school diploma and hold a NBCC; the program "Intervention techniques in special education and autism - Child-Youth services option";
- ASIST training or willingness to follow such a course;
- One year experience in mental health and / or addiction treatment;
- Past experience dealing with local agencies and community based resources;
- Demonstrate interest and ability to work with the intended clientele;
- Ability to develop and lead individual programs and group programs for adults;
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record and have a car with appropriate insurance to transport clients. Must show Driver Record Abstract from Service New Brunswick Motor Vehicle Branch;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.