Occupational Health and Safety Nurse (RN)
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre in Eastern Passage, NS, Canada
Facility: Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Job Category: Nursing, Healthcare, Health & Safety
Position Available: Full Time
Ocean View, in partnership with The Birches Nursing Home and Port City Home Services employs approximately 450 employees. The President & CEO is seeking to complement the skills of the leadership team by recruiting a seasoned Occupational Health and Safety Nurse (RN) effective immediately.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the OH/S Nurse will manage all types of employee illness and injury that has resulted in leave. The incumbent will identify employee safety and health needs through observation, interviews, medical documentation review, and analyze records and trends.
The OH/S Nurse participates in a variety of internal and external initiatives to promote a healthy and safe workplace. S/he may also support individuals whose performance is impacted by the inability to fully engage/perform in their vocation at work.
- Current certification as an Occupational Health and Safety Nurse
- Registration with the College of Nurses in Nova Scotia
- Minimum of 5 years RN experience and 2 years in an OH/S role
- Knowledge and experience in WCB regulations and policy
- Ability to evaluate injuries and illnesses and develop best practice return to work strategies
- Ability to work within a dynamic team and in multiple sites
- Access to a reliable vehicle is required as travel is required
- Ability to manage a complex caseload; time management skills are a must
Ocean View Offers:
- Free Parking & on Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
Salary Range: Ocean View offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package.
Ocean View values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities, persons from the LGBTQ2S+ community, and recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered.
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please send your resume to the following NO LATER THAN Friday October 2nd, 2020:
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929