NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources - Labour Relations
CLASSIFICATION: Legal Advisor
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: November 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Labour Relations, the incumbent performs the role of legal advisor in relation to employment law and occupational health and safety law. The incumbent supports management by providing legal advice and strategies to assure compliance with the laws and regulations applying to the organization.
- Bachelor of Laws;
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Bar;
- Minimum of five years' experience in employment law;
- In-depth knowledge of the legislation and regulations in the following fields of law: employment, labour relations and occupational health and safety;
- Experience with a health network considered an asset;
- Knowledge of software applications and computer systems related to the position (Word, Excel, legal research tools, etc.);
- Skilled using computer data banks (legal research and file management);
- Ability to grasp complex situations, formulate relevant conclusions recommendations and explain legal issues in layman's terms;
- Good knowledge of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, procedure, and employment as well as administrative law;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to see the big picture;
- Independence and good judgment;
- Strong organizational and priority-setting skills;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"