- GEMTEC is a growing firm and we are continually looking for motivated and skilled individuals to join our team. We have created a challenging and inviting workplace, where individuals are provided the opportunity to gain a variety of experience and advance their careers. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
GEMTEC currently has an opening for a Senior Hydrogeologist in our Fredericton office location.
The successful candidate will have significant experience completing, managing and reviewing a variety of hydrogeological and environmental projects in support of water resource development, landfill development and monitoring, mining projects, contaminated sites management and others, including investigation design, advanced groundwater data analysis and modelling, and reporting.
- · Participate in GEMTEC's business objectives and contribute to the growth of our civil and environmental engineering teams;
- · Collaborating with, and supporting, other GEMTEC offices in Atlantic Canada and Ontario, as required;
- · Project management duties, including client communications, resource management, development and monitoring of project scope, cost estimates/budgets and schedules;
- · Provide oversight and technical support for field investigations including: drilling, well installation, groundwater sampling, hydrogeological testing, etc.;
- · Provide senior technical review of junior and intermediate engineer/scientist reports pertaining to hydrogeological projects;
- · Consult with municipal, provincial and federal governments to determine submission requirements for permitting and approvals;
- · Assist with detailed design and specification document preparation for engineering projects;
- · Participate in other office and project responsibilities such as data management, analysis and interpretation, report and proposal preparation, report review, public consultation and presentations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- · Completion of a relevant university degree(s) in hydrogeology, engineering, or geology (advanced/graduate level degrees considered an asset);
- · Registered, or eligible to register, as either a Professional Engineer or Geoscientist in New Brunswick;
- · Possess a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in engineering/environmental consulting;
- · Thorough understanding of applicable Provincial and Federal regulations;
- · Advanced groundwater data analysis, and flow and transport modelling experience using industry standard software;
- · Ability to work in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment where teamwork and collaboration are paramount;
- · Excellent organizational and time management skills with an unwavering commitment to quality;
- · Provide mentorship and technical coaching to junior and intermediate technical staff;
- · Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- · Experience liaising with clients, stakeholders and agencies, including public consultation and presentations; and
- · Developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Full time
- · The successful candidate must have a valid driver's license and will be responsible to have a vehicle for work.
For more information on our company, please visit our website: www.gemtec.ca
Interested individuals should apply by email to: email@example.com
Only selected applicants will be contacted