Housekeeping Attendant- Casual
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior's accommodation, care and service in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Housekeeping Attendant - Casual
Located at Parkland Cape Breton in Sydney, NS and reporting to the General Manager, the Housekeeping Attendant works together with the Health Services and Food Services departments to uphold the client-directed Philosophy of Service.
The Housekeeping Attendant performs manual and machine tasks involving both laundry and housekeeping duties. Tasks include, but are not limited to, sorting, washing, drying, and delivering laundry to client suites; cleaning and sanitizing suites, washrooms, office space and common areas.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
• Collects laundry from client suites and delivers to the laundry room;
• Sorts laundry into appropriate piles based on laundry type (linens, mops, personal clothing);
• Operates washers and dryers properly; ensures machines are loaded properly using proper washing formula and appropriate dial settings as instructed;
• Sorts clean laundry into appropriate baskets or rack; counts linen needed for each area as per linen quota;
• Delivers clean clothing to client's suite and puts in appropriate dresser/closet or allow client to put away if they wish. Delivers linen to appropriate linen closets;
• Checks laundry for tears, holes, missing buttons, etc. and repair as required or inform Supervisor if irreparable;
• Fills and replenishes supplies in client's suites and washrooms;
• Empties/cleans waste receptacles - place waste in designated trash area;
• Moves furniture, supplies and equipment as required and in accordance with prescribed work schedules;
• Using microfibers as directed - dusts, cleans furniture, counters, shelving, walls, window/door ledges and casings, sinks, toilets and bathroom facilities. Keep floors clean in laundry room, client suites, hallways, elevators and common areas using appropriate cleaners and microfibers;
• Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies;
• Keeps machines clean and free of dirt and lint. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area;
• Maintains and cooperates with facility Policies and Procedures, Fire & Emergency plan, WHMIS, Infection Control, Health & Safety and any other required by the facility.
• High School diploma or equivalent education preferred;
• First Aid/CPR certification (For Assisted Living only);
• Ability to operate housekeeping and commercial laundry equipment; safe use of cleaning agents;
• Ability to read and write the English language;
• Works and communicates with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner;
• Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Demonstrates responsible behaviour and attention to detail;
• Works with minimal supervision and responds appropriately to supervision;
• Demonstrates respect for client, family and co-workers and displays behavior in accordance with organizational values and beliefs.
Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please by
August 14, 2020.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted