Data Solutions Developer
Data Solutions Developer
Halifax, NS, Canada Req #981
Thursday, February 18, 2021
As one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Eastlink takes great pride in delivering advanced technologies/services that connect its customers to the things and people that matter most. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and mobile networks, we bring world-class communications and video entertainment services including high speed internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink operates with an employee base of over 1300 people who serve customers in NS, PEI, NL, NB, ON, AB, BC and Bermuda.
Reporting to the Manager of Data Solutions, the Data Solutions Developer is a key contributor to the continued expansion and evolution of data storage and delivery at Eastlink. The Data Solutions Developer is primarily responsible for developing the Eastlink data foundation to align with the goal of delivering data as a service to the organization. This includes the design and build of data architectures through ETL and ELT processes from multiple source systems. They will be experienced with data warehousing best practices, familiar with cloud-based data storage, and be highly proficient in SQL and scripting language using both structured and semi-structured data sources. Previous experience with AWS and Snowflake will be considered an asset.
Experience & Qualifications
• 3-5 years experience in Data Warehousing architecture, with knowledge of cloud-based warehousing platforms such as Snowflake
• Proficient in PowerShell, and expert SQL skill
• Experience using API calls and processing JSON/XML data files
• Comfortable to work in a collaborative, agile environment
• Strong analytical skills - to identify bugs and issues quickly, understanding business requirements and translating those requirements into technical specifications
• Modeling of data structures
• Design and Build of database tables to support data solution requirements
• Design and Build of ETL processes, including effective scheduling, error handling and archiving
• Continued maintenance and enhancement/versioning of existing data architectures
• Collaborative code reviews and validation on deliverablesfor the team
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team "on the ground" not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.
- Pay Type Salary