Gestionnaire des services de la santé / Health Services Manager
With approximately 4000 employees, Shannex RLC Limited is a family-owned Canadian company based in the Maritimes. With over 30 years of experience creating better ways to deliver seniors living and long-term care communities throughout Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario, Shannex offers a continuum of lifestyle options under our flagship brands Parkland™, Shannex™ and Faubourg du Mascaret.
We at Shannex, are excited to announce the opening of our newest long-term care facility in Moncton, New Brunswick this coming Fall 2020. Pavillon Landry is a state-of-the-art long-term care facility, located on the Faubourg du Mascaret campus adjacent to the Université de Moncton. Pavillon Landry will be home to sixty (60) new residents providing the opportunity for each of them to Live their Best Life in their new home.
If you are resident-focused, results oriented, service-oriented people leader who wants to be part of a new and dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
Health Services Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, the Health Services Manager plans, administers and evaluates all aspects of resident care and services in the facility. They provide leadership in an interdisciplinary setting while providing direction in the maintenance of the resident-directed philosophy to support resident living. The Health Services Manager manages and coordinates the integrated operations of the facility and oversees the effective and efficient use of resources to provide quality health care.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Directs and promotes a resident-directed philosophy;
• Directs, promotes and evaluates the company's standards, goals and objectives and policies to assure optimal level of wellness for residents; assures compliance with regulatory agencies;
• Establishes and maintains a professional model of practice that maintains effective communication, assures resident access to services, and clearly defines responsibility and accountability;
• Provides initial assessments of potential admissions in consultation with the Registered/Licensed Staff;
• Provides consultation regarding resident issues and standards of resident care to nursing personnel and the interdisciplinary team;
• Encourages and promotes relationships with outside resources/organizations to meet resident and community needs;
• Assumes the duties of registered staff as required;
• Manages the human resources activities of the home including:
o Maintains guidelines for staffing;
o Re-allocates staffing as necessary to assure optimal resident care and service;
o Recruitment and selection of nursing staff;
• Supervises, directs and evaluates the work of direct report staff to promote quality service, positive employee relations, employment obligations and effective and efficient operations. This includes performance evaluation, training, disciplinary procedures, work assignments, and administers personnel policies and procedures;
• Responds to and implements the recommendations resulting from the Shannex quality program; follows up on government inspection reports. Monitors and assures accreditation and regulatory criteria to maintain compliance;
• Organizes continuous quality improvement, risk management and quality assurance activities;
• Administers and evaluates special programs such as infection control, nursing quality improvement and utilization review; ensures the collection and analysis of data and preparation of reports for assessment of critical indicators;
• Implementation of policies and procedures to ensure safe and efficient operation of the facility.
• Provides leadership to managers in the development of corrective action plans and assesses the effectiveness of corrective action plans;
• Promotes health and safety through Joint Occupational Health and Safety, proactive risk management programs, occupational health programs, education and policy development.
• Communicates with the Occupational Health Nurse regarding employee leaves, Workers' Compensation and Return to Work programs. Implements and maintains HR programs;
• Manages resources to provide quality care for each resident while managing the annual operating budget for the facility. Maintains cost effective use of resources including the effective management of the inventory control systems;
• Promotes and maintains effective communication with all customers to support quality resident care and services;
• Ensures resident safety by following and applying all standard operational procedures, safe work practices and training provided;
• Promotes a safety culture (or acts as a safety role model) by taking every reasonable precaution in the circumstances to ensure the health and safety of employees and all others in the workplace, including but not limited to, providing supervision, training, information, and equipment needed for employees to do their job safely.
Requirements for the role include:
• Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
• Current registration with the NB Nurse's Association;
• Bilingualism French/English.
• Minimum ten years of nursing experience which includes two years of clinical nursing and five years of administrative experience or equivalent.
The following would be considered role preferences:
• Master of Nursing or equivalent;
• Previous experience working in a long-term care environment;
The knowledge, skills and abilities for this role include:
• Knowledge of the principles of supervision, organization and administration;
• Knowledge of current literature and applied research for the delivery of health care;
• Knowledge of operational and personnel rules and regulations, collective bargaining agreement and regulations governing long term care;
• Knowledge of departmental and provincial policies and practices affecting work;
• Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate resident care services with the needs of the organization;
• Ability to utilize and manage resources to attain results;
• Ability to lead others, to develop and foster teamwork, and to motivate a group;
• Ability to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives, to adapt own approach to changing situations and to change or easily accept changes in own organization or job requirements;
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing;
• Works and communicates with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs;
• High level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
Work With Us
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted.