Service New Brunswick
Energy Management Branch
Temporary (until March 31, 2021)
Flexible Work Location
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Energy Management Branch to provide energy management services.
As a member of the Energy Management team, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of comprehensive energy management plans for buildings or facilities owned or operated by the Province of New Brunswick including schools, healthcare facilities and other public buildings. Key responsibilities of this position are:
- Leading, supporting and/or overseeing the development and implementation of a water and energy management plan with their defined client group
- Identifying data gathering requirements and developing the tools and processes required to analyze, monitor and report on energy and water consumption
- Using web-based real time energy monitoring and reporting systems to identify anomalies and monitor trends in energy consumption, and also monitor operating parameters and performance indicators of building systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) to build a comprehensive monitoring and reporting management system
- Providing technical support and preparing feasibility and business cases to address opportunities for improved water and/or energy efficiency
- Identifying, recommending and supporting operational improvements through continuous improvement projects and for exploring new building technologies, tools and energy efficiency measures
- Leading and/or supporting energy management projects, initiatives, and processes aligned with GNB's energy management mandate and objectives
- Identifying, leading, recommending and/or supporting information sharing, best practices and professional development opportunities within their assigned client group and between their client group and others across government
Engineer 3: A university degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience, including some experience in energy management, HVAC systems and building operations. Registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick is also required.
Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Project Management
- Certification in Energy Management
- Skills or experience in leading and delivering training
- Skills or experience in delivering presentations to small and large groups
- Skills or experience in the engagement of employees
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequent travel throughout the province is required, and you must possess a valid driver's license.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Results Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Client Service Orientation
- Relationship/Network Building
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
- Records and Information Management
- Project Management
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Consulting Skills
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
SALARY: Bi-weekly (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Engineer 3: $2,503.41- $3,426.49 bi-weekly - Engineer 3 - Agriculture, Veterinary, Engineering, Land Surveying and Architecture.
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here, or by mail at the following address, indicating competition number R85-2020/21-225 by July 8, 2020. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: (506) 453-3911
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!