Palliative Care Strategy
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Palliative cares
CLASSIFICATION: Regional Lead - Palliative Care Strategy
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 4 years)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: To be dertermined
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The Regional Lead - Palliative Care Strategy is responsible to oversee the implementation of the palliative care provincial action plan within the Vitalité Health Network and to ensure the development and implementation of initiatives endorsed by the NB Palliative Care Advisory Committee (PCAC) in all areas under the Vitalité Health Network governance. The roles and responsibilities include:
- Oversees all initiatives under the palliative care strategy's action plan that have been endorsed by the NB PCAC for the Regional Health Authority implementation;
- Collaborates with the Department of Health Palliative Care and Hospice Coordinator and other stakeholders as required;
- Defines, plans and supports the implementation of all initiatives in accordance with established timelines;
- Participates in developing, maintaining and evaluating applicable policies and procedures;
- Recommends new/revised regional policies required to support full implementation as required for selected initiatives;
- Facilitates communication between participating providers (multiple units/departments, programs and/or sites) as required for each initiative;
- Prepares and presents information and education sessions when required to enhance professional knowledge and support initial implementation and on-going progress;
- Provides mentorship, coaching and support of changing practice;
- Participates in the evaluation and monitoring processes during and post implementation of the Palliative Care Strategy's initiatives;
- Will be a sitting member of the palliative care network quality and safety committee;
- Provides regular progress reports as required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a health discipline;
- Current registration and member in good standing with the specific professional discipline;
- Experience in the provision/management of palliative care services is an asset;
- Completed palliative care education (professional palliative care certification, LEAP core program or other) is an asset;
- Project management and project evaluation experience;
- Demonstrated project/program management competencies;
- Demonstrated project/program evaluation competencies;
- Demonstrated ability to function within an interdisciplinary, collaborative team with minimum supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives in a self-directed manner with initiative, good judgement and critical thinking;
- Demonstrated time management skills and flexibility to accommodate changing priorities in busy clinical settings;
- Demonstrated effective teaching, coaching, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Skills in records and information management;
- Knowledge of conflict resolution;
- Knowledge of the organization's development approaches and practices;
- Knowledge of applicable laws and policies/procedures;
- Ability to travel within Vitalité Health Network, as needed;
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the requirements of the position;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"