Park Maintenance Supervisor II
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
PARK MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR II
(June to October)
RÉPUBLIQUE Provincial Park
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the République Provincial Park as Park Maintenance Supervisor II on a secondment or on a casual basis.
As a member of the République Provincial Park team, the successful candidate will direct a work crew and will provide supervision of staff responsible for maintenance of grounds and equipment. The primary duties include:
- supervising, scheduling staff and evaluating performance;
- approving employee timesheets, keeping records and completing reports;
- mowing lawns, looking after trees, shrubs and flower beds;
- snow removal;
- garbage removal;
- grooming trails;
- cutting and hauling wood;
- conducting routine building and equipment maintenance;
- inspecting grounds and follow up on complaints;
- installing and repair signage;
- providing tourists with information concerning the park and surrounding area and assisting campers in locating a campsite;
- Performing other tasks as required.
- High school diploma or GED;
- A minimum of three (3) years of related work experience in grounds and equipment maintenance;
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience;
- A valid class 5 driver's license.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Please attach a copy of your driver's license and a current Driver's Abstract (available from Service New Brunswick) with your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- A valid Emergency First Aid/CPR certification;
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application all of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- Working on weekends / evenings;
- Shift work;
- Working in all weather conditions.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Team Leadership
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Concern for Order
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
- Knowledge of Conflict Management Practices
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and fulltime employment.
SALARY: $23.04 per hour
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address on or before June 5, 2020 indicating competition number R18-2020/21-63.
Department of Tourism, Heritage & Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor,
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day