DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
(June to September)
RÉPUBLIQUE PROVINCIAL PARK
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the République Provincial Park team as a labourer.
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform various manual tasks related to grounds. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Grounds maintenance which includes mowing the grass, and trimming trees and bushes using various tools and equipment;
- General buildings maintenance/janitorial duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning bathrooms, and assisting in minor building repairs;
- Maintaining the trails and roads;
- Ensuring the site is kept clean and organized;
- Act as a first responder as required (first-aid/CPR);
- Assist in building maintenance and repairs;
- Perform ny other task as assigned.
- Ability to read and write;
- Possession of a class 5 driver's license as issued by the Province of New Brunswick or equivalent from another province.
Written and spoken competence in French is required. Please state your language capability.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
The following operational requirements are required:
- Working evenings and weekends;
- Working shifts (days and evenings).
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Concern for Order
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
SALARY: $14.03 per hour
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address before June 5, 2020 indicating competition number R18-2020/21-62.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!