Sr Anlst, Marketing
Who We Are
At Vale, we believe in innovation as a foundation for our development as we pursue our vision of becoming the leading natural resources company in the world.
Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, we are a leading producer of iron-ore, copper, cobalt and precious metals and the world's largest nickel mining company. We aim to grow profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company.
Our Vale Sales and Marketing Department is currently seeking a:
Sr. Marketing Analyst , this position will be based in Toronto office.
- Provide market (demand) analysis and insights on all commodities Vale Base Metals is engaged in (nickel, copper, cobalt, PM, PGMs, OPMs, and any other commodities Vale Base Metals currently produces or sells and considers as part of acquisition) as directed by Head of Marketing for the geographical region, end-uses(s) and product(s) assigned
- Continuous tracking of key market KPIs, maintain and improve appropriate market demand models and reporting tools to keep the business informed
- In-depth analysis of market covering first use consumption, end use consumption, prices, premiums, transfer prices, ore/concentrate/intermediates prices, contract prices, government policy impacting demand, by region and by segment and by commodity
- Facilitate organizational comprehension of external analysis of markets and industry, qualifying such analysis through the lens of market intelligence
- Participate in appropriate discussions around market opportunities and threats to support short-term and long-term business and strategic planning
- Engage with commercial sales, technical marketing (product managers) and Vale Technical Excellence Centre experts for insights in segment, product, geographical market developments.
- Prepare, and on occasion present, innovative and original presentations on the markets as directed by Manager Global Product Marketing on any of the commodities Vale Base Metals is engaged in (as appropriate) or has interest in
- Prepare innovative and original research into markets as directed by Manager Global Product Marketing on any of the commodities Vale Base Metals is engaged in (as appropriate) or has interest in that identifies, analyzes, and predicts the impact of emerging trends in demand
- Maintain and improve comprehensive models that track market KPIs, archive historic and projected future demand by region and segment as assigned by Manager Global Product Marketing - models must be aligned with IBP expectations (24 month, monthly view) and strategy (annual 2 to 10+)
- Contribute to on-going internal reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, paper and live) to executive audience, internal broader audience, external audience (customer, government, analysts and investors)
- Maintain system/process to manage information on demand for all commodities in which Vale Base Metals is engaged for use in short-term and long-term market demand forecasts and market balances, short-term pricing models and long-term pricing outlooks
- Identify and support potential market opportunities that are identified through market, price and product research and in-depth knowledge
- Contribute to the forecasting of short-term and long-term pricing
- Support the efforts of Vale Base Metals Executive Director and Vale Investor Relations by providing information and/or materials necessary for discussion with the market (investors, analysts, etc.)
- Respond to ad hoc requests, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner
- Ideal candidate will hold an Undergraduate Degree in the related field
8-10 years of related work experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid knowledge of the end-uses/products served by Vale Base Metals
- Advanced analytics modelling (SPSS)
- Financial analysis (DCF modelling)
- Polished presentation and communication skills
- MS Office / Open Office (or similar)
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act , accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for a job, you will need to enter your user name and password to access your account. If you do not have an account, you are required to create a new account in order to apply. Your online account allows you to upload your resume, apply for jobs, and/or view the status of your applications.