Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Nutrition
CLASSIFICATION: Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
STATUS: Temporary part-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED DATE: June 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the manager or his or her delegate, the dietitian performs clinical work in compliance with professional standards that includes the adaptation and application of scientific knowledge on human nutrition to support, maintain, and promote the health of patients. The work performed centres on the needs of the clientele and may require active teamwork. The work involves participating in the planning and implementation of departmental activities or programs and may include activities in the areas of quality improvement, collection of statistics, as well as training and orientation of students, interns or other health professionals. The dietitian works with outpatient clients (mainly in the area of diabetes) and with inpatient clients of all ages. Where appropriate, the dietitian may work with outpatient clients in group sessions that may be held in the evening. The dietitian could take part in the integrated nutrition internship program of the Université de Moncton and in other programs on occasion. The successful candidate may be asked at times to work at other hospitals in the Northwest Zone to promote the smooth operation of services.
- Active member of the New Brunswick Association of Dietitians (NBAD);
- Successful completion of the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE);
- Experience in clinical nutrition, particularly, work with a diabetic population would be an asset;
- Certification as Certified Diabetes Educator through the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board (CDECB) would be an asset;
- Sense of responsibility and discretion;
- The following personal qualities: sound judgment, initiative and creativity, and ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize activities through effective time management;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "