Transition Planner – Northern New Brunswick region
Join the Ability NB team!
Transition Planner - Northern New Brunswick region
Work from home-based office in Edmundston, Campbellton or Bathurst areas
(1 full-time position
Ability NB is seeking a passionate, highly motivated and creative Transition Planner to work in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will coordinate a person-centred transition planning process and assist youth with a mobility disability to make successful transitions to training, post-secondary education and/or employment as part of our Transition NB program. The Transition Planner works collaboratively with youth with a mobility disability, their families and support network to develop and implement transition plans.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Arts, Social Sciences, or a related field. A Human Services diploma may be considered
- Minimum of one year related counseling or coaching experience
- Excellent planning, organizational, time-management, communication, relationship building, writing & facilitation skills
- A knowledge of and passion for disability issues
- Extensive knowledge of labour market information, employment resources as well as the education & post-secondary education systems
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and online communications
- Previous experience working with persons with a disability, youth and in vocational coaching are assets
- Bilingual ability in English and French is required.
Salary: $38,000 to $42,000 + benefit package. Valid driver's license. High level of comfort with travel throughout New Brunswick and use of own vehicle is required. Criminal record check and vulnerable sector check required. Applications must demonstrate how candidates meet all of the above qualifications and must be received at the address below no later than June 5, 2020 at 4 pm. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.