Regional Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness Manager
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Occupational Health and Safety
CLASSIFICATION: Regional Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness Manager
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
08:30 to 16:30
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the Director of Human Resources Transformation, the incumbent will be responsible for the regional coordination of the Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness Department for all four zones of Vitalité Health Network. The incumbent will draft and review policies and procedures to standardize services provided throughout the Network facilities. These services must meet the needs of both employees and the employer. More specifically, they will guide and supervise a team of occupational health nurses responsible for, among other things, promoting employee wellness, health and safety and seeing to the implementation of preventive measures (workplace accidents and employees who come in contact with known diseases or infections). They will also act as a resource person for the Employee/Family Assistance Program. They will also supervise a team of occupational health and safety advisors responsible for, among other things, participating actively in the planning and organization of occupational health and safety standards and regulations in Vitalité Health Network facilities. With their team, the incumbent will also be responsible for managing employee attendance and the medical-administrative component of sick and long-term disability leave, including return to work programs .
- Bachelor of business administration, preferably with a concentration in occupational health and safety or in a health care discipline combined with management experience;
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation and a master's in administration considered an asset;
- Certificate/diploma in occupational health or obtaining this certificate/diploma within five years of start date
- Five years of varied experience in the field of human resources and occupational health and safety in the public sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with legislation governing industrial relations (including Human Rights, employment standards, WSNB, etc.) and experience in program development and implementation;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered;
- Innovative and collaborative management style that promotes teamwork and mobilizes staff;
- Strong spoken and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to make decisions based on sound judgment;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrates innovation while following strategic directions;
- Ability to settle disagreements in sometimes delicate situations by showing tact and creativity;
- Ability to function with ease in the broad context of a major re-engineering of the health network and highly skilled to implement change management strategies;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multiple priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and monitor performance indicators;
- Ability to travel occasionally;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network .
Spoken and written competence in English and French is required.
1. The classification of this position will be studied by the Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ).
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"