Canadian Red Cross in Montreal, QC
- WE ARE RE-INVENTING THE WAY TO MANAGE EMERGENCIES AFTER DISASTERS.
We are developing a suite of integrated data and communication systems that provide powerful tools to help manage emergency interventions where speed and intelligence save lives. The product is a cloud-based emergency management solution, used by municipalities and governments to assist populations before, during and after disasters.
Are you a seasoned Front-End Software Developer looking for the opportunity to grow your skills, work as part of an award-winning team and make a real impact at the same time?
As a Senior Software Developer (Front-End), you will work as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with designers and engineers to help deliver product capabilities and features to our ground-breaking cloud-based product, Emergency Management Information System (EMIS). You will be working to develop brand new cloud-first solutions including the automation of infrastructure; you get to work with cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
- Meaningful Work: you will be creating technological innovations that support emergencies and save lives
In this role you will:
- Work with a team of front-end and back-end developers on features for new cloud-based solution with quality and efficiency as a part of an agile development team.
- Build, extend, and improve the platform front-end user experience and ensure the front-end UX is slick, optimized for speed, scalability, and usability.
- Take End-to-End ownership of delivery, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, runbooks and post-release metrics.
- Complete independently complex development tasks and actively contribute to pushing code to production.
- Contribute to the software engineering strategy and development, operation, and maintenance of the solutions.
- Work with development and product management teams to define user story acceptance criteria, break down complex stories into tasks, estimates, plan and deliver.
- Interact with architects, UX designers, and Ops to optimize design and improve the user experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on all aspects of process and development..
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
We're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science with a minimum 5 years' experience in front-end development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Vue.JS or similar front-end frameworks.
- Familiarity with TypeScript language and Jest Unit Testing.
- Experience with Webpack, Sass, ESLint, Git, REST APIs, State Management (i.e. Vuex), an asset
- Expertise in UI-UX with technologies such as Vue.js, TypeScript, Vuetify is an asset.
- Experience working in a start-up agile environment.
This is a full-time office-based position in Montréal (ville St-Laurent), Québec.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
$67,902 - $84,878