NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Medical Imaging
CLASSIFICATION: PACS Coordinator
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This is technical and administrative work in medical imaging services. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the operational Zone 5 Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS); implement future PACS and digital imaging initiatives; be key user for the Meditech Radiology module; develop, implement and participate in quality improvement programs; participate in regional duties associated to Medical Imaging.
- Graduate of a Radiological Technology Program and registered with the New Brunswick Association of Medicale Radiation Technologists with five years of clinical experience and demonstrated competency with computer applications as verified through education or testing OR a university degree or a dimploma of at least two years in computer science or a related field and five years of experience working with Clinical Information Systems and demonstrated proficiency in medical terminology as verified by testing;
- Advanced computer knowledge that includes database management, digital images, and networking systems;
- Ability to prioritize, manage, supervise, and coordinate activities;
- Ability to act as a leader and change facilitator;
- Initiative, good judgement and creativity;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving;
- Ease in building and maintaining good interpersonal relations;
- Good communication skills;
- Good organizational and work-managment skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.