DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE
(May 24 to August 29, 2020)
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking students within the Provincial Visitor Information Centres located in the two following locations:
- Campbellton Visitor Information Centre
- Saint-Jacques Visitor Information Centre
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Provide excellent service to visitors;
- Search for tourism information online;
- Interact with visitors by offering tourism brochures, answering travel-related questions and offering travel directions;
- Create awareness of tourism product activities with visitors;
- Assist visitors with itinerary planning and reservations;
- Conduct data collection;
- Perform other tasks as required.
- a student in the current academic year;
- a resident of New Brunswick or a First Nation community in New Brunswick;
- eligible to work in Canada;
- you must be attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the fall.*
*Note: Grade 12 students are eligible if attending a full-time post-secondary institution in the fall
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability,
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume and indicate your preferred work location.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Services Orientation
- Commitment to Learning
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
The following operational requirements are required:
- weekends; and
SALARY: Based on Student Rates of Pay.
We encourage applicants to apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address indicating the competition number R18-2019/20-1783:
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.