Power Engineer 1 (2019)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance / Boiler Room
CLASSIFICATION: Power Engineer 1 (2019)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
12 hours shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will see to the operation, maintenance, calibration, and diagnosis of the boiler and auxiliary systems. The position will also include duties such as writing reports and keeping detailed logs in accordance with the regulation; monitoring electrical controls; responding to complaints and alarms; monitoring and maintaining various technical systems such as heating, ventilation and air-conditioning; medical gas; and nursing call system. The successful candidate may be asked to travel to provide services in the other facilities of the Northwest Zone of Vitalité Health Network.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the sector.
- Secondary school diploma (Grade 12) or general education diploma GED;
- Fourth class power engineer certificate, in accordance with the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act;
- Ability to operate a computer (ventilation and/or air-conditioning, heating management system and will have to keep the skills up-to-date and follow the training offered by the Employer);
- Ability to write, read, and follow instructions;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "