Senior Business Analyst
Mariner Partners in Halifax, NS
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for a Senior Business Analysts for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities for our clients in Nova Scotia. The Senior Business Analyst will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements.
- Documentation of current and future state process mapping.
- Prepare Business Requirements Documents, including functional/non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate in the development of test plans and test cases.
- Define reporting and alerting requirements
- Prepare integration plans for deployment of system changes into existing environments.
- Help design, document and maintain system processes.
- Change and support process management for new technology delivery.
- Facilitate stakeholder sessions, interviews, and analysis to identify areas for process and systems improvement.
- Communicate key insights and findings to client team.
- PBX and hosted voice solutions experience is required.
- Post-secondary education in business, computer science, or a related field from a recognized institution.
- 8+ years of progressive corporate experience functioning as an IT Business Analyst/Functional Analyst.
- Experience working in Health care industry is an asset.
- CBAP certification or willing to obtain.
- Demonstrated success with business requirements analysis, group facilitation, gap analysis and process mapping and design as part of a business transformation.
- Experience in working in a formal systems development lifecycle methodology environment involving such artifacts as functional and detail design documents, business use cases, and requirements traceability.
- Demonstrated skill in building consensus among process stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in working with business experts at all levels and technical subject matter experts.
- Experience working in client-based consulting role is highly desirable.
- Specific reference-able project experience in one or more of the following areas highly desirable: data management, analytics, asset management, GIS, data center, AMI, ERP, CRM.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered in Atlantic Canada and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Mariner Innovations has delivered projects and services to leading Canadian organizations in industries such as Oil & Gas, Telecom, Utilities, and Government.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!
I'm interested Refer a friend
share this job
Share to WeChat