Licenced Practical Nurses
Evergreen Home for Special Care is a long term care facility located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley. Licenced by the Department of Health and Wellness, Evergreen provides care for its residents regardless of age, sex, race, creed, and social status.
The facility is comprised of a Childrens' Centre which is licensed to provide 24 hour nursing coverage for 19 children and a Seniors Centre consisting of 97 residents. All residents receive multi disciplinary care based on an holistic approach to ensure physical, mental and spiritual well being while recognizing the right to individuality, respect and dignity.
The Seniors' Centre provides care to adults and seniors whose physical, mental and intellectual needs are addressed through qualified nursing care, dietary services and recreational programming within a clean and safe environment. The involvement of families, staff and volunteers contributes to the mission of meeting the needs of all residents of Evergreen.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible to the Registered Nurse Supervisor for the Childrens' Centre or Seniors' Centre and must be willing to orientate to both units. He/she will be working as a Team Leader administering medications, completing treatments and directing Continuing Care Assistants in the provision of direct resident care.
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nurse program.
- Currently Licensed in the province of Nova Scotia or qualified for licensing.
- Successful completion of Pharmacology course
- Ability to work as a team member and maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Strong desire to promote excellent care to Adults, Seniors and Children
- Demonstrated consistent regular attendance in current and past employment
- Availability to work all shifts (8 hour and 12 hour rotating shifts at present time)
- Recent experience in Pediatric & Geriatric experience preferred
- Preference given to candidates with leadership experience
- Preference given to candidates with competency in computer technology including microsoft Word, electronic charting, scheduling, etc
Hours of Work:
- Casual positions
- 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts
Salary and Benefits:
- Medical and Pension Plans
- As per collective agreement
Please forward applications to:
Evergreen Home For Special Care
Attention: Amanda Kelly BNRN
655 Park Street
Fax: (902) 678-5996
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates being interviewed will be contacted.