Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Extended Care Units - 4 West and Residential
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12 -hour shifts - Rotation
07:30 to 15:30 15:30 to 23:30 23:30 to 07:30 07:30 to 19:30 19:30 to 07:30
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This is nursing care performed under supervision of a registered nurse. The nursing care provided supports a client's right to be treated in a dignified and respectful manner. This work also involves transportation and lifting of heavy patients and intervention in situations where physical control of patients is required.
- Graduation from an accredited Practical Nurse program and registered with the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses;
- Ability to use a computer and various software programs - Word, Excel;
- Must be accurate on computer data entry;
- Ability to complete the medical terminology course as per set deadline;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "