Building Maintenance Supervisor
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE
BUILDING MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Village Historique Acadien
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Village Historique Acadien as a Building Maintenance Supervisor. The workplace is located in Bertrand, NB.
As a member of the Village Historique Acadien team, the successful candidate will oversee the maintenance and repair of multiple buildings. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Supervising staff;
- Assigning, scheduling work and monitoring progress of tasks;
- Participating in employee performance review;
- Managing projects such as planning and overseeing repairs and modifications to buildings as per code;
- Assisting in annual inspection of buildings and equipment;
- Identifying, prioritizing work required; estimated costs and scheduling repairs;
- preparing estimates of materials, supplies and costs required and monitoring repairs within allocated budget;
- Reviewing costing proposals, making recommendations on hiring of contractors and preparing summary reports;
- Inventory control and overseeing adequate inventory supply;
- Purchasing equipment and supplies (spending authority);
- Providing for immediate and long-term repair and maintenance requirements;
- Performing other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and a minimum of four (4) years of supervisory experience in a variety of building/home construction and maintenance occupations. A valid class 5 driver's license is required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who are:
- qualified and certified as a trades person in the carpentry, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and/or building occupations;
- have experience in troubleshooting systems and performing small repairs;
- have experience with building management systems.
Subject to the response to this competition, applicants may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required: responding to emergencies after working hours and available to work evenings and weekends.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Team Leadership
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
- Planning and Organizing Skills
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
SALARY: $24.22 per hour (40 hours per week)
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address before February 28, 2020, indicating competition number R18-2019/20-1634.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!