DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
TEMPORARY OPPORTUNITY (MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR)
The Department of Health is seeking an individual to join the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health as an Administrative Assistant in Fredericton.
The successful candidate will be a member of a multidisciplinary team working with the Public Health Information Solution (PHIS). PHIS is a tool for public health professionals and consists of three integrated modules for Vaccine Inventory Management, Immunization Management and Communicable Disease Investigation & Outbreak Management. We are looking for an energetic team player who takes initiative, displays problem-solving and decision-making abilities, who has excellent organizational skills and who can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a changing work environment.
The successful candidate will have to carry out the following responsibilities:
PHIS application support:
- Answering and screening telephone calls and PHIS mailbox messages.
- Answering and fielding queries, liaising with subject matter experts to ensure responses are dealt with appropriately.
- Maintaining information on PHIS user accounts.
- Maintaining training resources, reference documents (user guides).
- Maintaining a schedule of training sessions offered across the province.
- Coordinating logistics for training sessions.
- Providing training to the users.
Communication and record management
- Preparing, formatting, editing, copying and filing documents and correspondence.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail Ensuring that documents are up-to-date.
- Coordinating translation services.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, supplemented by the successful completion of a one-year post-secondary diploma in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience. Experience and/or training in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software is essential. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Planning and Organizing Skills;
- Written Communication;
- Ability to use office technology, software and applications.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $1,472 to $1,785 bi-weekly
This opportunity may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address by February 26, 2020 indicating number DOH-19-0041.
Department of Health
4th floor, 520 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G8
Telephone: (506) 453-4331
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!