Psychiatric Attendant (3012)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Center
CLASSIFICATION: Psychiatric Attendant (3012)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotation - Possibility of 8 or 12 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Provides care and training to meet the needs of mental health patients within a health care facility.
- High school graduation and an additional human services program/course of a year or equivalent.
- Successfully complete the O.M.E.G.A. course or a commitment to undertake such course;
- Successfully complete the Prevention and Management of Suicidal Behaviour in a Psychiatric Hospital Setting course or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- Current BLS Certification;
- Good judgement and organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "