Cook (2004) / Prep Cook 2003
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 -Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Food and Nutrition Service
CLASSIFICATION: Cook (2004) / Prep Cook 2003
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotation, day shifts and weekends
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent prepares, cooks, and assembles foods for meals and special diets based on hygiene and cleanliness standards. The incumbent must be able to operate production equipment. Based on the menu set, the incumbent also prepares and bakes pastries. He or she sets up steam tables (cafeteria and patients) and assembles meal trays. He or she is responsible for the effective operation of the catering service. He or she cleans and sanitizes production equipment and ensures that appropriate sanitary conditions are maintained. He or she must keep equipment and the workplace clean and safe at all times. He/she may also be involved in menu planning, inventory and training of staff within the sector.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Provincial certificate of qualification as a cook issued under the Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Act ;
- Initiative, sound judgment, and sense of responsibility;
- Effective time management skills and concern for clients;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "