Parks Activity Leader Coordinator
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE
PARKS ACTIVITY LEADER COORDINATOR
ONE STUDENT POSITION
(from May to September 2020)
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking a Parks Activity Leader Coordinator in Fredericton where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to coordinate the GetOutside!NB program and the Visitor Experience program.
The Visitor Experience program is responsible for the development and delivery of activities and events that will serve to enhance the visitor experience of New Brunswick's provincial parks.
GetOutside!NB is a community youth leadership initiative led by Parks NB, the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society New Brunswick Chapter, Nature Trust of New Brunswick and Nature NB to connect people to New Brunswick nature through Parks.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the successful candidates will, among other things:
- Assist with training of Parks Activity Leaders;
- Travel to Provincial Parks within specific regions of the province;
- Assist Parks Activity Leaders with aspects such as research, program planning, tools and techniques;
- Supervise development and implementation of nature-based education programs and events at various parks;
- Delivery of programming;
- Working in collaboration with local community, school/youth groups and First Nations organizations;
- Coordinate program and schedules within the regions; and
- Guide evaluation of park programs and events in the regions.
- A resident of New Brunswick;
- Current University or College student that is returning to school in the Fall;
- Educational background in one or more areas of natural science or recreation;
- Hold a valid driver's license; and
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please indicate your linguistic capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
- Outdoor skills training such as wilderness first aid, water safety or canoeing.
- Experience in program development, preferably with nature-based education or recreation programs;
- Experience in special event management;
- Experience working with groups and demonstrated leadership skills; and,
- Knowledge of program promotion techniques.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are required:
- working on weekends;
- overtime and/or variable hours according to assigned schedule.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: Based on Student Rates of Pay (40 hours per week).
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address before March 3, 2020 by indicating the competition number R18-2019/20-1601.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Place Marysville, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.