DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
MACTAQUAC PROVINCIAL PARK
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Mactaquac Provincial Park as Security Officer.
As a member of the Provincial Park, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and patrolling property, buildings and assets, as well as ensuring security when admitting visitors and employees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Patrolling grounds to protect against fire, theft and vandalism;
- Locking gates, buildings, vehicles, etc.;
- Monitoring visitors/clients for adherence to rules/policies;
- Monitoring and checking readings, temperatures and condition of buildings;
- Maintaining log books (rounds, vehicle);
- Granting access to public;
- Operating light vehicles;
- Shoveling, snowplowing and sanding and minor ground maintenance;
- Collecting garbage;
- Performing other duties assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED. A valid class 5 driver's license is required.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is required for the position. Please state your language capability.
Please attach a copy of your driver's license and a current Driver's Abstract (available from Service New Brunswick) with your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- A minimum of one-year related experience;
- Completion of a recognized Security training program;
- Experience in a customer service environment;
- A valid certificate in Standard First Aid;
- WHMIS certification.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidate may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- Working evenings and weekends;
- Working shifts (days and evenings);
- Variable hours according to assigned schedule.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Self Control/Stamina
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
- Knowledge of Conflict Management Practices
Résumés should be chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $18.63/hour (40 hours/week)
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address, indicating competition number R18-2019/20-1558.
Department of Tourism, Heritage & Culture
Human Resources Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor,
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!