Senior Backend Engineer
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
We are looking for world-class engineers to help us develop a system that will serve as the main interface to our machine learning platform. The goal of this system is to help in all stages of model development, from feature engineering all the way to production monitoring.
We empower our machine learning scientists to build better models by helping them understand the data and trained models. We also provide the tools necessary for analyzing and visualizing machine learning algorithms in an effort to extract valuable business insights in a transparent and comprehensive manner.
As Senior Backend Engineer at Layer 6, you'll work with ML scientists to learn about different machine learning algorithms and ways to analyze them. On the back end, you'll work with the team to architect systems and design a API for the front-end web application which will visualize data and answer questions about machine learning models.
You'll also have the opportunity to work with the engineering team to tackle the challenge of developing high performance, robust and scalable systems.
- BSc+ in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Proven experience in designing and delivering a complex web application
- Experience as a key contributor and leader on projects
- Strong experience in Java and its ecosystem
- Passionate about creating maintainable and performant software
- Strong desire to learn and solve problems
What we consider an asset:
- Experience with databases such as Elasticsearch
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Familiarity with data analysis or machine learning
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfortable with math (linear algebra, calculus)
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.