Mariner Partners in Moncton, NB
The Mariner group of companies is known for investing in and building technology companies with themes of big data, software innovation, commitment to customer success and developing international growth markets. Mariner consists of Mariner xVu, Mariner Innovations, Shift Energy, and East Valley Ventures.
- Mariner xVu is the world leader in Software Defined Monitoring for managed and unmanaged IP video, streaming and broadband/Wi-Fi networks. Our software helps operators centrally manage the complexity required to deliver new video services with real-time visibility into subscriber experience - anywhere.
- Mariner Innovations is a leading provider of professional IT services, offering unique expertise in application development, information security, data management and support/maintenance services across communications, industrial, utility and the public sector
- East Valley , the start-up acceleration division of Mariner Partners, has made over 30 investments, with multiple exits, including Q1 Labs, Internet Security for Banking, sold to IBM; and Radian6, Marketing Cloud Analytics sold to SalesForce.com. The organization specializes in mentoring and providing support to entrepreneurs.
- Shift Energy's Energy Optimization System [EOS] automates the real time tuning of independent energy systems for large building complexes. The world's leading building managers are using Internet-based Big Data and low cost IoT sensors to drive down energy operational costs.
Founded in 2003, Mariner Partner's head office is located in Saint John, New Brunswick. We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team and our customers are located in major cities across Canada and in North and South America and Europe.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!
Mariner is growing our Automation practice! If you are an action-oriented professional attracted to a fast-paced startup-like culture, we would love to hear from you. Working within our Automation practice, you will design, implement and support automation solutions for telecommunications use cases. You will be a key contributor in shaping the technology solutions we bring to market.
- You are endlessly curious, and personally driven to continuous learning.
- You thrive on mastering new technologies.
- You are responsive and agile - you will learn, fail, and succeed quickly.
- You will stretch yourself to explore new technological horizons.
- You are action oriented, highly self-sufficient, and possess a bias towards progress.
- You will adeptly manage your time to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- You should anticipate up to 75% travel within North America, depending upon customer requirements.
- Using common open source and COTS technologies, you will design, implement, and support automation solutions for Mariner and our customers.
- Implement and configure any necessary operating environments.
- Tune environmental parameters to optimize performance.
- Maintain tidy source-control and documentation practices for your work.
- Most of our clients use Agile philosophy; you will attend and actively participate in regular team scrums and sprint review/planning activities.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a full-stack Software Developer.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Familiarity with Software Defined Networks & Network Function Virtualization.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in several of:
- Java, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python Scripting
- Configuration Management automation (Ansible, Chef, Helm, Puppet, SaltStack)
- Orchestration and provisioning (Terraform, CloudFormation, Heat, Cloudify)
- Docker and Kubernetes container management
- NoSQL databases
- SQL (Oracle, Postgres) databases
- Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Asure, GCP, OpenStack