Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Center
DEPARTMENT: Psychotic Disorders
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Day, evening, night (mostly day shift)
Rotation - Possibility of 8 or 12 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the authority of the Program Manager, the incumbent provides all services based on the biopsychosocial needs of patients or a group of patients under her care. He/She assesses the patient's mental and physical condition and coordinates services, care and treatments to assist the patient in his recovery. He/She ensures the client's overall care - from admission to support to the community - by developing an interdisciplinary plan with the participation of the client and his family. His/Her interventions are carried out in an interdisciplinary approach with the members of his/her team as well as with the professional consultants, the medical staff and the community partners. Thus, he/she develops, updates and implements the interdisciplinary plan of the patient. He/She also has the clinical responsibility of the interveners that he/she will guide in the choice of intervention methods. Finally, he/she participates actively in maintaining her knowledge and skills, and is involved in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
- Registered with the New Brunswick Nurses Association;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Successfully complete the OMEGA course or commitment to undertake such a course;
- Successfully complete the Prevention and Management of Suicidal Behaviour in a Psychiatric Hospital Setting course or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- Leadership qualities, good judgment, decision making and adaptability;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "