Digital Strategist and Production Editor
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE
Digital Strategist and Production Editor
(Pay Band 4)
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Destination, Marketing and Sales branch as a Digital Strategist and Production Editor.
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture produces thousands of posts, videos, webpages, ads, stories etc. every season. This content is produced by department staff, contracted vendors, and a wide range of visitors and residents.
As a member of the Digital Production team, the successful candidate will coordinate and provide coherent strategy for all that production. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with Research team and Market Research team to stay up to date with emerging trends and opportunities across a wide range of digital platforms;
- Develop, maintain, and implement department-wide digital strategy for our owned marketing channels that matches our Brand Strategy;
- Provide strategic direction in production of all content on owned and paid marketing channels and campaigns;
- Regularly audit the efficacy of our digital efforts and provide recommendations on ways to improve;
- Provide best practise training and tips for Industry.
- Work with the Production and Advertising teams to create clear list of production deliverables for all upcoming creative projects;
- Know, recommend, and select appropriate creative production agency resources and content creators in partnership with SNB Procurement;
- Provide creative direction and manage workload assignments for work being completed by internal and/or 3rd party vendors;
- Evaluate all incoming content to ensure it meets quality standards;
- Work with the Manager of Digital Production to maintain a content production schedule and publication calendar;
- Manage budgets for Owned content & related production;
- Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Communications or a related discipline and a minimum of four (4) years of related work experience which including at least two (2) years of experience working in a digital marketing related field. Strong experience working with Microsoft Office Suite is required. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Spoken competence at the Intermediate Plus (2+) proficiency level in English and French is required.
Written competence at the Advanced proficiency level in English and French is required.
Please state your language capability. Descriptions of the language proficiency levels are available here:
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- Experience in the tourism industry of New Brunswick
- Considerable experience using or researching digital marketing tactics, with specific knowledge of current and upcoming social marketing trends
- Experience in creative writing and compelling content in both official languages
- Experience working with digital production workflow and project management tools and software
- Considerable experience in managing and tracking production budgets
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application three or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Creative Thinking/Innovation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Relationship/Network Building
- Commitment to Learning
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Project Management
- Written Communication
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
SALARY: $1,899 to $2,656 bi-weekly.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address on or before January 29, 2020, indicating the competition number R18-2019/20-1468.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Place Marysville, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!