Life and Disability Claims Clerk
Reporting to the Life and Disability Coordinator, this bilingual (French and English) person is responsible for performing various administrative tasks; provide support to case managers, and rehab counselors. This person is also responsible for making the payments of death and disability claims while adhering to the established standards and process. The Life and Disability Claims Clerk is responsible for responding to requests received by phone or electronically and forwarding requests to the respective person.
- Process life and disability claims
- Communicate with clients and various professionals
- Generate disability benefits
- Manage documents and life insurance files
- Offer excellent customer service levels by telephone and email
- Must be bilingual, French and English with great written and verbal skills
- College degree in business or office administration
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience
- Demonstrate interpersonal, diplomatic and tactful ease in establishing positive alliances with internal and external clients and service providers.
- Must have strong mathematical abilities to be able to perform various calculations that affect the retroactivity of a payment,
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook in order to perform their daily work.
- Knowledge of medical terminology / service as well as knowledge of group insurance products are assets in order to have a comprehensive understanding of disability issues.
Work With Us
If this challenge fits your career aspirations and you wish to play a key role in the challenging development of our business, submit your application online at www.assumption.ca by January 26, 2020.