Food and Beverage Manager
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER
(Pay Band 3)
HOPEWELL ROCKS PROVINCIAL PARK
Hopewell Cape, NB
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Parks and Attractions Branch as the Food and Beverage Manager working at Hopewell Rocks Provincial Park located 35 km south of Moncton in Hopewell Cape, NB. The seasonal work period is generally from mid-April to mid-November.
As a member of the management team, the successful candidate will provide hands-on management and oversight over all activities related to food and beverage services at the park, including:
- Hiring, training, supervising and coaching a team of 25 or more people in a unionized environment;
- Promotion and enforcement of all applicable health and safety policies and regulations;
- Maintaining food and labour costs to industry standards;
- Maintaining cost controls and conducting inventory;
- Ensuring quality and visitor services delivery;
- Overseeing the inventory of equipment, and tools suitable for completion of Food Service duties;
- Managing material resources, getting best value for money and controlling on-site inventory of parts and supplies as per established budgets;
- Budgetary responsibilities (forecasting and budgets related to Food and Beverage);
- Performing any other tasks as required.
- Graduation from a post-secondary hospitality and tourism program or a related field and a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience which includes one (1) year of supervisory and/or management experience;
- Food Safety Training and Certification;
- Thorough knowledge and experience working with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Spoken proficiency in English at the Intermediate plus (2+) level and spoken proficiency in French at the Intermediate (2) level are required.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that your preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who possess:
- Working knowledge of all health and safety regulations related to the restaurant and food service industry
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements may be required:
- working evenings and weekends
- working shifts (days and evenings)
- working variable hours
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results orientation
- Team leadership
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Principles
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
SALARY: From $1,729 to $2,417 bi-weekly.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address indicating the competition number R18-2019/20-1442 :
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!