Director of Tertiary and Forensics Psychiatry Services
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Tertiary and Forensics Psychiatry Services
CLASSIFICATION: Director of Tertiary and Forensics Psychiatry Services
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: February 2, 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
Day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate, who will report to the Vice-President of Community Services and Mental Health, will supervise all tertiary and forensic psychiatry programs and act as a consultant. Considering the provincial mandate of the Forensic Psychiatry Program, the successful candidate will have to develop, implement, and maintain partnerships with various stakeholders such as the departments of Justice, Health, and Public Safety, the New Brunswick Review Board, and Horizon Health Network. The successful candidate will also have to develop and align the Forensic Psychiatry Program with Vitalité Health Network's continuum of psychiatric care. He or she will also be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a uniform quality and performance management process. He or she may also be assigned various mandates based on operational needs.
- Bachelor's degree in health sciences or another relevant field;
- Master's in administration considered an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a health care management position;
- 8-10 years' experience in the health care field;
- Experience supervising/managing staff and strong coaching skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the mental health and addiction sectors, and experience in program development and implementation;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be taken into consideration;
- Ease in forging internal and external partnerships thanks to his or her unifying spirit and knowledge of the sector;
- Good leadership and communication skills;
- Strategic-thinking skills and innovative and collaborative management style;
- Strong problem-solving and planning skills, as well as abilities in the area of program development and evaluation;
- Ability to function with ease in a changing environment and strong skills in implementing change management strategies;
- Extensive experience managing human and financial resources as well as information in general;
- Recognized ability to achieve results, whether directly or through teamwork;
- Ability to use the computer tools currently in place throughout the Health Network;
- Ability to travel within the Network's territory;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
1. Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "