Career Opportunity for Accounting Clerk
Wolfville Nursing Homes, Group of Companies is a privately owned and operated licensed nursing home, a licensed residential care facility, and an assisted living building providing quality care to over 100 residents.
Responding directly to the CEO, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Receivables; setting up new accounts and maintaining existing ones, monthly statement preparation/distribution and bank deposits/pre-authorized payments
- Accounts Payables; vendor account maintenance, posting invoices for payment, processing cheques/electronic fund transfers and responding to inquiries
- General Ledger; input and balance G/L accounts and sub-ledger accounts, including Trust Ledger
- Update and print financial reports and financial statements as required, review monthly Financial Statements with CEO
- Maintain budget information and provide analysis
- Year end process and preparation for Auditors
- Preparation of monthly and yearly Department of Health & Wellness reports
- Manage Financial meeting for new Resident Admissions
- Reconciliation of Department of Health & Wellness Accounts
- Provide backup to Payroll
- Resident Income Tax Preparation
Ideal candidate must have an Accounting Diploma or a Business Degree with a minimum of 5 years work experience in an accounting position. Experience in Sage 50 Premium Software is required. Candidate should have a keen eye for detail and solid organizational skills, with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. He/she will possess above average computer skills and enjoy working both independently and in a team environment.
Salary and hours to be negotiated.
Please send resumes to: Wolfville Nursing Homes Ltd
601 Main St. Wolfville, NS B4P 1E9
Fax: 902 542-1048
We thank all those who express interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Recruitment will close when a suitable candidate has been hired.