Medical Laboratory Technologist 5 (LT05)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beausejour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory - Cytology
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Technologist 5 (LT05)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shifts - Day
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This position involves administrative, clinical and technical monitoring performed under the general supervision of the Manager or Regional Director of Laboratory Services. The position's duties include the following: managing the staff as well as the clinical and technical activities of the sector; taking part in local, regional and provincial interest groups; participating in the administrative duties of Laboratory Services; being responsible for the sector's quality control and improvement programs; identifying equipment needs; and performing any other related duties to meet the needs of Laboratory Services in the zone.
- Active member of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Graduate of a diagnostic cytology training program;
- At least six years' experience in cytology, acquired over the past 10 years;
- Competencies in the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and protocols;
- Proven leadership and staff management skills;
- Proven ability to function in various situations;
- Proven teaching, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable in order to improve and maintain service quality and patient safety;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment. "