Apply Now Producer
Windsor, NS, Canada Req #860
Monday, March 30, 2020
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals .
Reporting to the Eastlink Community TV Manager, you will have a strong communication, technical and editorial background coupled with a passion for technology. As a representative of Eastlink Community TV, you will be an active community member ensuring programs produced are relevant to local audience. Thorough, organized and driven to take ownership and accountability for their work, the successful candidate will have the skills to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Produce, direct, shoot, edit productions and ensure consistent compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
- Co-ordinate and develop efficiencies that will allow maximum output.
- Recruit, train and develop volunteer production crews.
- Create positive relationships within the community
- Obtain Sponsors for programs, by means of revenue or contra sponsorships
- Conduct pre-production and post-production meetings and program critiques.
- Foster positive working relationships within the programming department as well as with volunteers, other company departments, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and elected officials.
- Seek out relevant community organizations and individuals to develop effective local programming.
- Meet all legal and policy requirements under the Health and Safety Act.
- Comply with CRTC regulations and guidelines.
- Television production experience is an asset
- Degree in Television Production or post-secondary education in Television Production or Broadcasting, an asset.
- Experience in studio production, ENG/EFP, and multi-camera mobile production
- Experience with non-linear Avid editors.
- Experience with contract and partnership management.
- Knowledge of production equipment, edit suites, studio production and computer graphics.
- A valid Nova Scotia driver's license with good driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects (e.g. 20kilos)
- Frequently required to work outside year-round.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products - Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation - to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.
- Job Family Eastlink Community TV
- Pay Type Salary
- Windsor, NS, Canada