Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
Competition #: 6-7607 EXT
Salary: $28.6537 to $37.5896
NOTE: Applicants must attach their resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Public Health - Shippagan
DEPARTMENT: Public Health
CLASSIFICATION: Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Day shifts, Monday to Friday
Possibility of evenings and weekends
Work schedule subject to change to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will know how to use the population health approach and determinants of health in planning health promotion and disease prevention activities. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team setting and will provide a variety of public health nutrition services to individuals and groups. The Public Health dietitian will be responsible for creating partnerships, collaborating in community development, and providing expertise in the field of nutrition to colleagues, other professionals, and community agencies and organizations. The incumbent will be required to work within different programs of Public Health such as Healthy Families, Healthy Babies, Healthy Learners in School, and other programs as needed. The Public Health Dietitian will collaborate in the delivery of the Special Foods Program and the Dietetic Intern Program.
- Member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Dieticians;
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a dietician demonstrating the following is an asset:
- Ability to apply epidemiology principles to promote health and prevent disease;
- Ability to apply a population health approach and the determinants of health in health promotion strategies;
- Ability to tailor health promotion and primary prevention strategies to individuals, groups, communities, and the general population;
- Ability to create partnerships and collaborate with partners;
- Ability to facilitate adolescent or adult groups.
- BLS certification (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and maintenance of certificate;
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Good organizational and work-management skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Sound judgment, leadership, initiative, creativity, and ability to adapt to change;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Ability to travel within the assigned zone and to work as needed in the other Public Health offices within the zone;
- Ability to travel within Vitalité Health Network, as needed;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.