Mobile (IOS) Software Developer- Contract Position
Mariner Partners in Moncton, NB
Founded in 2003, Mariner's head office is located in Saint John, New Brunswick. We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities across Canada, the US, Brazil and Wales.
We are passionate about innovation that solves real problems for our customers. Since 2003, our people have created world leading software technologies that are ranked #1 globally - from IP video analytics to healthcare solutions, cloud-based energy efficiency and carbon reduction technology. We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love solving problems for customers, are fast learners and want to grow their careers.
When you join Mariner, you'll be a part of an exciting and growing group of companies - with limitless opportunities for career growth, learning and development.
- East Valley Ventures is a driving force in the Atlantic ICT ecosystem - fostering entrepreneurship and start-up companies by providing financial support and access to both management and technical expertise.
- Mariner Innovations is a leading provider of professional IT services; offering expertise in application development, modernization and support/maintenance services.
- Mariner xVu is the world leader in Software Defined Monitoring for managed and unmanaged IP video and broadband networks. Our software helps operators centrally manage the complexity required to deliver new video services with real-time visibility into Subscriber Experience - Anywhere.
- Shift Energy provides cloud based energy efficiency and carbon reduction solutions to commercial, industrial, institutional and other industry sectors.
Mariner is growing - click here to learn more! http://entrevestor.com/ac/blog/mariner-grows-with-swift-energy-buy
Mariner xVu and SHIFT Energy are looking for Mobile Software Developer. Ideally, a freelancer or hourly contract, based in our Saint John, NB office - but we'd love to hear from you even if you're in Calgary, Halifax, Moncton, or Fredericton.
As a potential candidate, you want to work on market-leading products and deliver great quality work. You love digging into the details of systems and code to figure out the best way to solve problems - and have a keen interest in software design. You're curious about the latest tools and technology - you are always looking for ways to improve how work gets done, for yourself and the rest of the team. You get energized by developing solutions with a team. You are a good at juggling priorities and meeting deadlines - and meet your commitments with a professional and positive attitude.
More specifically the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of a wide variety of product components
- Write well designed, easily testable, and efficient code
- Perform unit testing and code review of program components
- Have working knowledge of source control systems and associated work processes
- Consult with other developer team members and BA team to debug and resolve product and program component defects
- Support users by developing documentation deliverables
- Develop technical specifications in collaboration with the architecture team
- Contribute to the development of project plans and timelines by providing estimates for planned work
- Review and contributes to refinement of business requirements
- Is able to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Research advances in development tools and techniques, recommending and introducing process changes as appropriate
- Responsible for personal skills development and self-study in new tools and techniques in IT industry
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science/Engineering
- Co-op or on the job experience as a software developer
- Core knowledge in:
- React Native
- Swift or Objective C
- IDE - XCODE
- Strong Knowledge working on MacBook and iPhone
- Experience developing in Java/J2EE, JBOSS(WildFly), and HTML5 development
- Strong knowledge of Linux / UNIX systems
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial:
- IDE Webstorm or Eclipse
- Demonstrated competency of modern frameworks, web technologies and design patterns (Java, Apache Projects, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Hibernate, etc.)
- Experience in SQL based technologies such as Oracle, and Postgresql and have understanding of NoSQL solutions such as Apache Cassandra.
- Experience developing applications for a SaaS offering.
- .NET development
- Java RMI, Corba, SOAP and Clustering Technologies
- Python scripting
- Experience with application servers (Tomcat, etc.,)
- Performance tuning
- Source Code Repository (e.g. GIT)
- Dev Ops tools (e.g. Maven, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Defect management
- Basic MS Office tools
If you are an adaptable, results-oriented, team player with a positive, professional attitude and looking to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, we should talk! While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!