Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 5 - Campbellton
FACILITY : Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory - Hematology and/or others sectors
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of on-call and call-back service
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
This position involves clinical and technical work within one or more laboratory fields to provide services for the diagnosis, treatment and therapeutic monitoring of patients.
- Diploma from a recognized medical laboratory technology school or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science;
- General laboratory technologist certification and member in good standing of the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS);
- Current registration with the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Work experience in a medical laboratory considered an asset;
- Basic computer knowledge;
- Analytical skills;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Commitment to quality and safety in delivering patient services;
- Proven ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"