Software Developer - Automation
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner is growing our Automation practice! If you are an action-oriented professional attracted to a fast-paced startup-like culture, we would love to hear from you. Working within our Automation practice, you will design, develop, and support automation solutions for telecommunications use cases.
- You are endlessly curious, and personally driven to continuous learning.
- You are responsive and agile - you will learn, fail, and succeed quickly.
- You will stretch yourself to explore and master new technologies.
- You are action oriented, highly self-sufficient, and possess a bias towards progress.
- You will adeptly manage your time to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- You should anticipate some travel within North America, depending upon customer requirements.
- Using common open source and commercial technologies, you will design, develop, and support automation solutions for Mariner and our customers.
- Utilize automated CI/CD deployment and DevOps tools.
- Strive to deliver high-quality, bug-free software.
- Maintain tidy source-control and documentation practices for your work.
- Most of our clients use Agile philosophy; you will attend and actively participate in regular team scrums and sprint review/planning activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as Software Developer.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in:
- Java, Shell, Python Scripting
- Message processing (e.g. Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka Streams, Spark)
- Docker and Kubernetes container management and orchestration
- Configuration management (e.g. Helm, Ansible, Chef)
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Redis)
- Design and implementation of Microservices
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset:
- Business Rule Engine (e.g. Drools)
- Software Defined Networks & Network Function Virtualization
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!