Senior Engineer – Sediments - Dredging
Founded in Quebec more than 50 years ago, Englobe specializes in environment services, waste management, soil and materials engineering, building science and supply chain quality. With 2,000 employees across Canada and abroad offering recognized expertise to many clients operating in a variety of markets, the Englobe name is a seal of quality for its clients.
Englobe is currently looking for a design engineer to work in dredging and marine sediment management, aquatic and land site rehabilitation, and slope and existing structure stabilization for its Montreal or Quebec City office.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for project design activities in the above areas. Drawing on in-depth design skills and engineering knowledge, the Design Engineer makes decisions and recommendations, and handles the following tasks:
- Promote Englobe in the maritime and coastal engineering sector.
- Advise and monitor junior and intermediate engineers.
- Manage or assist with tenders.
- Plan and organize human, financial and material resources for projects.
- Prepare work programs for field staff and monitor surveys and field work.
- Interpret bathymetric surveys and sediment characterization studies.
- Develop dredging and sediment management scenarios and design infrastructure for aquatic, riparian and onshore environments.
- Model and analyse coastal processes (waves, sediment transportation, etc.).
- Analyze slope stability in aquatic, riparian and onshore environments (dredging slope, breakwater/riprap and dewatering pond).
- Design slope protection and earthworks (dewatering pond).
- Design and approve plans and drawings in compliance with specifications and based on client requirements.
- Estimate length and cost of site works.
- Participate in preparation of tender documents.
- Supervise various worksites and staff at those sites.
- Advise and direct the work of engineers and technicians on projects.
- Draft and approve reports.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with team members, clients and suppliers.
- Handle project management responsibilities.
- Ensure that financial, timeline and quality objectives are met.
- Act as project manager.
- Validate the work of suppliers for accuracy and compliance with standards.
- Bachelor's degree in maritime, civil or geotechnical engineering.
- Master's degree in maritime and coastal engineering or any other relevant disciplines (asset).
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant experience, including at least 5 years in maritime and coastal engineering.
- Sound knowledge of provincial and federal legislation applicable to maritime and coastal engineering.
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Bilingual, French and English (written and spoken).
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.